1 Million Dollars

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Life Gets in the Way of Blogging, in a Good Way

I am now a married woman, my DH and I went back to California for our wedding and then on to Hawaii for a cruise. It was lovely and a big thanks to my mom for all her help but it is now time to get to real life. Time to change beneficiaries on our investments, finish my DH's disability insurance paperwork, and get back to the frugal lifestyle. I admit we splurged a lot in Hawaii but it is a memory I will have forever. Also, part of the reason for being frugal is so that we can splurge on things/events important to use and our wedding and honeymoon were very important to us.

We are planting the garden this weekend, and getting back to work tomorrow. We have a list of chores to do around the house, just like normal. I do wonder if I will feel different as a wife but at least now it just seems like life.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, "Mrs." Frugal Student :) I so agree with you that part of the reason for being frugal is so you can splurge on what is important to you. Nice to hear you had a great honeymoon you can cherish forever! We skipped ours thinking we will go later... let me tell you it's never the same - you made the right choice!

    ReplyDelete