1 Million Dollars

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Updated Millionaire Plan June 2014

In May we decided to start funding my Roth IRA and to do so need to connect our bank accounts to Fidelity, and because of some technically problems that did not occur in May.  We did deposit $71.97 from our FIA credit card (https://www.fidelity.com/cash-management/american-express-cards) but nothing else.  But thanks to the market we still have had some nice gains. We now have $19587 in our retirement accounts.

We do plan to add the $625 that we missed in the month of May but because my husband is changing jobs in a few months we are holding on to the money for now.  Sadly we are still short of our minigoal of 6 months expenses including COBRA by $1413 (total minigoal is $21,000) but I bet we will make our goal by our August update.  After that our next minigoal will be $25,000, my gross annual income which will allow us to diversify outside of target date funds and therefore will lower our expense ratios.

I dislike paying extra if I don't have to and in eight to nine month, I won't have to.  I am still a fan of target date funds for new or inexperienced (or even lazy) investors but I have spent the entire time I have been building up our retirement funds learning about investing using index funds and have a pretty good idea on what I want to do.  That said, because of my husband new job, things may change in what we chose to invest in based on their retirement offerings.  I never want to stagnate, I always want to keep learning and being open.  Part of being a student is learning how to learn and my schools have done a great job at teaching me that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment