1 Million Dollars

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Update on the millionaire goal- May

Well it looks like the market did not cooperate with us last month. As of May 1, 2011 we have $9894 in retirement savings. We ended up putting $298 into my DH's Roth IRA's because he is rolling over his Roth IRA from T Rowe Price to Fidelity and the rollover did not complete before the scheduled deposit to T Rowe Price.

We do have the cash to deposit the almost three hundred without removing money from emergency fund now that the wedding is over so that is not a problem but it is not fun putting in almost three hundred dollars yet the accounts only raising by one hundred and fourteen dollars over May because of a drop in the markets. I did feel like just adding the extra one hundred and six just so I could reach ten thousand but decided against it. I felt like that would be dishonest because the one hundred and fourteen would be a May contribution not April one. Well, that is life when you invest in the market, there are ups and down. Hopefully we will reach and surpass the $10,000 mark this month. Unless it drops more than one hundred and five we will reach our minigoal but as this month and the recession has shown, it can drop more than ten percent.

2 comments:

  1. I believe it is the direction that matters.
    The thing is to keep it going and should come wisely. This is what I am aiming for : -)

    Good luck on your journey to financial independence : -)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you as well. I plan to just keep plugging away and I am sure I reach my goal, if nothing else having the stock prices drop means I can buy more.

    ReplyDelete