1 Million Dollars

Monday, March 12, 2012

Why do updates mean "lose options I like"?

Fidelity updated their webpage, great right? Nope. It used to be that you could set up automatic transfers to your IRAs and decide if you wanted your deposits from January to April 15th to be deposited under last years or this years tax year. So guess what you can't do now that Fidelity has a nice, new shiny page? Yep, you guessed it, you can't decide. You can make the choice if you are just doing one deposit or if you call in. So basically, if you want to spend extra time, Fidelity will let you have a choice but not if you just want things so nice and simple.

I think Fidelity has forgotten that people have other options. I am thinking of transferring our money to Vanguard now. I guess I'll check Vanguard's website and see if you can make the choice from there. Anyone have Vanguard and know? Normally I am a great supporter on Fidelity, they allow you to open a fund with $200/month with no additional fees versus T Rowe Price that allows it at $50/month but bills you a fee if you have less than $5000 or Vanguard which requires $3000 in each account, but I like having things automated and not wasting my time. Choices, choices.

1 comment:

  1. I left Fidelity after they "foprgot" to ID me when I went into the Fidelity office to inquire about my account. I obviously wasn't happy with their account security.

    Vanguard is a great company. I don't know if they can do what you want.

    ReplyDelete