1 Million Dollars

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Breaking the fast food habit

The only eating out spending we have done this month has been fast food breakfasts because we overslept.  But, you know what?  That is not fun and I want to have money for fun.  I like going to nice restaurants or out to a movie.  Wasting my money on fast food does not make me happy.  But what could I do?  I could not be late, and I needed to eat.  I made my grocery list before I went shopping on Friday and we had an extra $40 after buying all our needs ($10 had rolled over from the week before).  We do try to save up so we can buy meat and soda as a stockpile when  the deals are good so that was not that unexpected.  But it made me think that maybe I should buy the meat need for breakfast sandwiches and see how it goes.  So far we have needed to make breakfast on the go once this week.  It normally cost us about ten dollars, and the sausage cost us eleven and we still have about two and half pounds left.  I think this is looking like a good idea and we will keep it up. 

Has anyone else been struck by the amount they were spending and an easy fix they had not previously thought of?

1 comment:

  1. Where I live, frozen bagged dinner entrees cost about $4.50-$6.50 and have a restaurant-quality taste. I prefer to cook from scratch so I can make food healthier, but they are a lifesaver on busy study nights when I want something fast and special.

    ReplyDelete